If you’re itching to get out of the city and onto the open road, it’s time to be adventurous and head out to the wilderness. A road trip is one of those experiences that can’t be replicated as everything has to come together perfectly: the car, the music, the landscape and, of course, the company.
There are a multitude of exciting, fabulous and spectacular road trips you can take from Dubai or Abu Dhabi, but today we’re focusing on one destination in particular: Ras al Khaimah. It may be one of the smaller emirates, but that just means it’s easier to cover more ground on your trip. So just get a car rental in Dubai or Abu Dhabi and head north for the road trip of a lifetime!
Here are 10 things that make Ras al Khaimah the perfect location for your next road trip:
1) Ras al Khaimah has everything, from rugged mountains to green plains and lagoons as well as a pristine coastline. This small Emirate packs a punch and if watching beautiful landscapes pass your window is your idea of a good road trip, Ras al Khaimah is the place for you.
2) It has the Ice Land Water Park, a unique Antarctic-themed water park where you can beat the heat with slides, fake glaciers and model penguins.
3) If you’re craving a few rounds of golf, Ras al Khaimah has you covered. The Al Hamra Golf Club has beautiful fairways where you can play a round for as little as 175 AED
4) You can relax at the end of your drive at one of Ras al Khaimah’s many seaside hotels and resorts like the Double Tree by Hilton and the Marjan Island Resort and Spa.
5) Visit the Banyan Tree Al Wadi, a private resort set in the middle of terracotta hued dunes, if you’re in the mood to pamper yourself to a luxurious retreat
6) For history lovers, Ras al Khaimah has the Hazirat Al Hamra, one of the oldest sites in the country. Spend your time exploring ancient buildings, forts and mosques and learn more about Emirati culture and history.
7) Check out the unique microlight boat at Marjan Island Resort and Spa for an aerial view of the Emirate’s coast, followed by a descent to the waters – a truly memorable experience.
8) If you love traditional sports, like horse riding, falconry or archery, Ras al Khaimah has a treasure trove of interesting activities for you. Check out the Ras al Khaimah Equestrian and Adventures Club and the Banyan Tree Al Wadi for such activities.
9) The Waldorf Astoria at Ras al Khaimah serves the country’s only dry-aged steak. Food lovers and culinary enthusiasts need to try out this dish. Making the trip to Ras al Khaimah is but a small price to pay to taste this gastronomic wonder.
10) The cooler climate of Ras al Khaimah will make the perfect summer break as you can holiday to your heart’s content without leaving the country.